If anyone has problems with the registration process or activation after the registration, please use "The Ring" chat function or use our contact form (check link on the bottom left).
Throwholics gently suggests folks use their real name rather than an anonymous handle. People like to know who they're talking to. But either works. Also, you can use spaces for your username.
- We are sorry to hear that. The e-mail form feature of this board includes safeguards to try and track users who send such posts, so e-mail the board administrator with a full copy of the e-mail you received. It is very important that this includes the headers that contain the details of the user that sent the e-mail. The board administrator can then take action.
The screenshot below shows THE RING - chat function which is displayed on the top of the forums.
The first screenshot shows that no one is logged in, which means even as a guest one can use THE RING chat function. The guest only has to type in a username and can start taking part in discussions anonymously.
The second screenshot shows THE RING - chat function while being logged in as a registered user.
There are only two slight differences:
1. The box to type in the username is gone, since the username of the logged in person will be used automatically.
2. The smilies are being displayed. (No worries, guests can still use smilies, but they dont see the ones which are available)
- The screenshot below shows THE RING - chat function which is displayed on the top of the forums.
- You can block a user from sending you private messages by using message rules within your User Control Panel. If you are receiving abusive private messages from a particular user, inform a board administrator; they have the power to prevent a user from sending private messages.
- There are three reasons for this; you are not registered and/or not logged on, the board administrator has disabled private messaging for the entire board, or the board administrator has prevented you from sending messages. Contact a board administrator for more information.