PEDs | drugs, druggies, dopes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

If anyone has problems with the registration process or activation after the registration, please use "The Ring" chat function or use our contact form (check link on the bottom left).

Throwholics gently suggests folks use their real name rather than an anonymous handle. People like to know who they're talking to. But either works. Also, you can use spaces for your username.

• PEDs | drugs, druggies, dopes

Performance enhancing drugs have been part of our world since the late-50s.
      Let's hope we can win this fight someday.

WDR Research Questions Russia's Doping Campaign
      Highly-effective unknown doping agents have emerged; cannot be tested
      Cologne, Germany, February 3, 2014 /PRNewswire
      "The internationally renowned staff of the Russian Academy of Sciences in Moscow offered to sell undercover reporters the Full Size MGF..."
    • This side of the pond as well?

Running Legend Craig Virgin Calls For More Transparency Revealing The Medications And Supplements Athletes Are On: “In Sight It Must Be Right”
      Virgin, the 2-time World Cross-Country Champion, says transparency is needed to “maintain the integrity” of the sport; clarifies his comments to LRC after Galen Rupp’s American Record run.
      by LetsRun.com | February 2, 2014

“Congrats are due but I’m not sure what to think… both Galen and his coach, Alberto Salazar, are definitely making a statement here! Why do this kind of workout after such a hard race…and risk injury or illness? What is Galen taking or doing… that is giving him such amazing recuperative/restorative powers? I have never seen anything like this…but he did it after his AR 13:01 5K last weekend and after his 3:50.9 mile indoors last January. I am sorry to sound so jaded… but after reading so much about Lance Armstrong and Alex Rodriguez’s sophisticated and undetected doping schemes this past year …. I just don’t know what to believe anymore. I wish USATF would release what Therapeutic Use Exemption medical treatments that Galen is on that may give us one hint of what is really going on here. I am tired of rumors about TUE’s and we need some transparency in this area to maintain the integrity in our sport.”