Which is Best Bench Grip for Shot Putters?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

If anyone has problems with the registration process or activation after the registration, please use "The Ring" chat function or use our contact form (check link on the bottom left).

Throwholics gently suggests folks use their real name rather than an anonymous handle. People like to know who they're talking to. But either works. Also, you can use spaces for your username.

• Alternating grip width, not from set-to-set, but from workout-to-workout, will benefit you by intermittently stimulating more fast-twitch fibers at different regions of pec maj/min. Although to make significant gains you WILL have to switch up between volume and strength routines every 6-8weeks, building true fast-twitch fibers happens in that 3-5rep range. And we want all the fast-twitch fibers we can muster.

Make sure you're working on your back and shoulders...gotta have that 'platform' to press from. Remember, STRONG PULLS BUILD STRONG PRESSES. And you want to keep a balance between your rear delts/upper back and your presses. I'm currently experiencing a bit of an imbalance and it's resulting in very sore rotator cuffs, not pleasant. It's a balancing act, but anyone utilizing these guidelines can build a strong upper body.

Last but not least, your triceps are actually the primary movers for the bench press...SAY WHAT?!?! Yep, no joke, I'll tell you why my working sets are at 500lb...bc of my triceps...I can pull 10-12 reps on a one-arm extension at 175/200lb, that's each arm...presses are mostly triceps. And you need to work all three heads. For me, this means three different exercises...lotta triceps.