STC | technique analysis (video)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

If anyone has problems with the registration process or activation after the registration, please use "The Ring" chat function or use our contact form (check link on the bottom left).

Throwholics gently suggests folks use their real name rather than an anonymous handle. People like to know who they're talking to. But either works. Also, you can use spaces for your username.

• STC | technique analysis (video)

Looking for some feedback on my technique. Throwing after taking two years off so there is still a ton of rust. Personal best is 60.81m in 2011. Furthest this season so far is 59.14m. Here's a link to the video of the throw:

Apr 12 2014 - 11:35 AM - Coach's Eye
      *Note: Link may not work in Firefox

Things I've been working on since then:
      - Gotten my angle of release much lower, getting much more power through the point.
      - Increased run-up and crossover speed

Things I'm still having problems with:
      - Keeping my chest up and behind my block
      - Completely getting my right side around -> still feels like I'm not using all my energy in the throw.

Appreciate the help!
    • The red lines are the wrong and the black the correct way to throw ! my opinion always !
      1.pic
      : since you start make the cross you body need to start going back,
      also the left hand need correction in the move not to go so back .
      2.pic
      . here you make the jump but you body need to be little more back ,
      here also you left leg need to make little bigger cross in front.
      3A. pic you angle is very high if you throw 80+ is good or 75+ and you right arm need to be little higher .
      The red line it show you you the way you throw you elbow will go below you shoulders and as results you will be hurt.
      3.pic you can see the 3pic that you elbow is going below !
      the
      red circles in that position you right leg should step down and start
      make the turn to help you give more boost for the last step before you
      throw .
      for the left leg you see you step first on the heel and
      then the rest of the foot ! if you learn to step the whole foot you will
      have better grip at the end !

4a pic . again the elbow and the
      distance between the 2 legs should me little less . the reason is to
      help the right leg to turn and give you the boost you need and to help
      you later in the left leg . and the pelvis to go higher and to make the
      turn from the right to front !

4b pic you see the the mistakes the left leg is bent and not strait and there you loose a lot of power and speed , making you body going lower and not higher.

5 pic
      since the moment you dont step strait the left leg the body is going left and the pelvis stay behind and the hand is very high !

Sorry for my English . there are more mistakes sure . And always is mine opinion soooo ..... !

good luck !
      Images
      • position 1.jpg

206.58 kB, 1,366×768, viewed 198 times
      • position 2.jpg

190.06 kB, 1,366×768, viewed 217 times
      • position 3 a.jpg

187.59 kB, 1,366×768, viewed 196 times
      • position 3.jpg

197.06 kB, 1,366×768, viewed 176 times
      • position 4 a.jpg

219.49 kB, 1,366×768, viewed 205 times
      • position 4 b.jpg

189.51 kB, 1,366×768, viewed 205 times
      • position 5.jpg

189.16 kB, 1,366×768, viewed 188 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by gmenelau ().

• I have to agree with the points made by gmenelau. Very well said man. The only thing I can add would be keep working on the speed of the penultimate. When your right foot hits the ground your left is even with it or just past it. The best throwers in the world are so fast that as soon as their right hits the ground, their left foot is almost coming down into the block. I struggle with this as well. It's what separates the good college guys from the pros. Speed speed speed! Regardless it was a good throw!