Blow It Up

• Throwholics-News

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

If anyone has problems with the registration process or activation after the registration, please use "The Ring" chat function or use our contact form (check link on the bottom left).

Throwholics gently suggests folks use their real name rather than an anonymous handle. People like to know who they're talking to. But either works. Also, you can use spaces for your username.

• Throwholics wrote:

Olympic hammer man and a leader in the world of USA track & field, Kibwé Johnson share his thoughts on the International Association of Athletics Federations’ recent decision to suspend the Russia Athletic Federation with immediate effect. Since the announcement, I have toed the line between outrage at the Russian federation and athletes, to feeling sorry […]
      Source: throwholics.com/2015/11/blow-it-up/
      I'm only the Throwholics Bot to gather the RSS-Feed of our website throwholics.com and to welcome every user via a conversation
    • Not right to feel sorry for them. They've had structured doping and cover-ups since the 60s in the old USSR. I'd already heard from multiple sources years before this came out - athletes (current and former), officials, and coaches - regarding the confirmed evidence of this. Not fair when (most of) the rest of the athletes are vigilantly scrutinizing every little supplement they take and eating highly disciplined diets while the dopers can do whatever bc they can rely on the drugs for help; the tests are finagled and officials are paid off, damn IAAF... Corrupt like any institution/governing body over professional sporting venues...look at the NFL and FIFA - just BS. Take a trip to Texas and talk with Mike Stulce at his gun range, he'll tell you all about the corruption-and he has a dozen witnesses including people who were in the 'private meeting' before they decided to DQ him. Beside, half these guys have biochemists good enough to cheat the tests without the use of known masking agents on the WADA list. Pisses me off.
    • Odysseus wrote:

Not right to feel sorry for them. They've had structured doping and cover-ups since the 60s in the old USSR. I'd already heard from multiple sources years before this came out - athletes (current and former), officials, and coaches - regarding the confirmed evidence of this. Not fair when (most of) the rest of the athletes are vigilantly scrutinizing every little supplement they take and eating highly disciplined diets while the dopers can do whatever bc they can rely on the drugs for help; the tests are finagled and officials are paid off, damn IAAF... Corrupt like any institution/governing body over professional sporting venues...look at the NFL and FIFA - just BS. Take a trip to Texas and talk with Mike Stulce at his gun range, he'll tell you all about the corruption-and he has a dozen witnesses including people who were in the 'private meeting' before they decided to DQ him. Beside, half these guys have biochemists good enough to cheat the tests without the use of known masking agents on the WADA list. Pisses me off.
      Very true, I agree with you... What is the story with Mike Stulce your referring to? I always just figured he dropped of the radar after his gold but I really don't know much about him.
    • Negative. Mike was accused of testing positive on 2 of 3 samples I believe during the indoor season '93, might have been outdoor season. There were witnesses present who overhead the convo that an example needed to be made, regardless of whether he was guilty. However, the statements weren't enough to retest from the excess sample given or support a decision to overturn. Bottom line: $money$ runs this game. If it's in the best monetary interest of the governing body (fan base and appeal=$$), the decision that benefits the institution will always prevail. It's political and it's nasty. Officials can be bought, it's dirty.